Monday 9 June 2008

09 June 2008 - first thoughts


Well, here we are. The beginning of something good I hope. Or maybe it'll just be me turning out for random rides around the Hull area.
I have been thinking about this idea for months. I love cycling. I am passionate about it. But I do not want to bore you, or put you off. I will not show up in lycra. Or with a bike that resembles a giraffe of the bike world. I am not on a mission to convert. Merely to enjoy cycling with a group of other people. Like-minded is a crappy term - but you probably know what I mean.
I will hold on to this happy feeling I have right now, even if no-one turns up to the meetings. It's the idea of gently nudging people to try this and then enjoying it that is also making me smile right now.
A few important points:



  • you need a bike to be able to come along

  • you don't need to have cycled more than a couple of miles before

  • it would be good to do an 11am ride to begin with - in a while, we could go out for a midnight ride (very very cool)

I will be on my shopper bike aka a shopping bicycle - nothing to do with Choppers. And I think the first ride will be round the old industrial areas of Hull. Not very far out at all. But really interesting. Factories, bridges and places you probably don't see much. I'll think of a date that's in a few weeks time - so I can get this publicised in a variety of places.

No comments: